Covered California Eligibility
Open enrollment time for 2022 will be from Oct 15, 2021 to Jan 15, 2022.
To enroll beside the open enrollment time, you need to have special life events to get enroll as follow:
– Loss health coverage from employer, or Medi-Cal.
– Marriage, divorce, having new baby.
– Become legal resident in the US.
– Move from other county, other state.
– Discharge from army, jail.
Note: You have only 60 days from the day of those life events happen to enroll to a new plan. You can not enroll to any plan after that 60 days.
Middle and low-income families often worry about how they will afford health insurance. The Affordable Care Act, also known as ACA or Obamacare, provides subsidies to qualifying individuals and families to help make coverage more affordable.
What Does Health Insurance Cover?
A standard health insurance policy covers:
- Preventive, wellness, and disease management services.
- Emergency care.
- Ambulatory services.
- Maternity and newborn services.
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision.
- Prescription drugs.
- Laboratory services.
- Mental health and substance abuse services, including behavioral health treatment
- Rehabilitation and habilitation services
Health insurance won’t cover 100 percent of medical costs, though. Patients are responsible for small fees—co-payments—when visiting medical providers or purchasing prescription drugs
Does Health Insurance Cover Prescription Drugs?
All health plans must include prescription drug coverage, but each state sets the list of covered medicines, called the formulary.
For instance, one plan may have many more medicines in one category or class than another state does. With some health plans, you pay a coinsurance for your medicines. This is a set percentage of the drug’s cost.
With other health plans, you pay a prescription copay, which means you pay a fixed amount for each medicine you buy. Keep in mind that you may have a separate deductible for prescription drugs. You may need to pay it as well as a deductible for medical services.
How To Choose The Best Health Insurance Plan?
When choosing the health insurance plan that best fits your needs, consider these tips:
- Find out what is covered. Is your family doctor covered, or specialists like chiropractors?
- Conversely, learn what isn’t covered. For instance, some health insurance policies won’t cover acupuncture of treatment for mood disorders.
- Make sure your health insurance plan covers the prescription drugs you need. As medical costs continue to soar, health insurance is more important than ever.
BESTCARE will help you to find out your best plan.
Best Care Tax & Insurance (Obama Care)
Our friendly and knowledgeable staffs are happy to answer any question you have.
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge
- 24/7 support
- Professional service
- Independent agent